Here are some resources on the web that you may find helpful:
- For information on a variety of issues, try the American Psychological Association Help Center.
- For information on alcoholism and self-help groups visit Alcoholics Anonymous.
- The New Jersey Self-Help Clearinghouse provides a directory of every self-help group in the state.
- To read a good explanation of what psychoanalytic therapy is and how it works, download the paper That Was Then, This is Now: An Introduction to Contemporary Psychodynamic Therapy.
- For issues of chronic pain, please visit Psychophysiologic Disorders Association. Other information can be found at the TMS Wiki.